Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Connor's Name Frame

I made this baby name frame for my sister's baby shower. She's due in February...I am so excited for another baby to spoil. My niece, Madison is only 1-1/2, so she and Connor are going to be very close in age.



The frame is 8"x10", so if you cut the squares at 1-3/4" they fit across perfectly with a nice amount of space between each square. If you try this, beware of the frame creep...the opening is actually more like 7-3/4" x 9-3/4"...so before you start adhering squares, be sure everything is spaced correctly for the frame you are using.

The squares with the letters on them are 1-1/2". I cut the letters out on my Cricut on double-sided sticky paper, then adhered to the square and covered in brown flock. I used Martha Stewart's flocking powder - it's basically crushed velvet. (For girl frames, I use glitter instead.)

Supplies used: CTMH Life's a Jungle stamp set, Dimensional Elements Organic buttons, hemp, and chocolate accessories; Martha Stewart flocking powder; DCWV Animal Crackers glitter paper stack. The frame is from Michael's.

Madison has a frame like this with the Daydream paper. I've posted it before, but I have better pictures of it now.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Ok so I saw this a few times and now today I came to your blog to see your revamp...very cute BTW but I decided I must steal this frame idea for my little girl. Her birthday is next week and I think she needs one for her room. Thanks for the GREAT idea.

canadian_liner said...

Just posted my version (2013!) after seeing Amy's take on YOUR idea. Gotta love the internet for cross-fertilization of creativity! Many thanks for a great idea.

http://cjmacbred.blogspot.ca/2013/01/the-name-framefeaturing-super-cal.html